"SCT worked very well for me in completing my continuing education credits in areas that interested me and were applicable to my job. I was more than impressed with the quality of the text books and the caliber of the assignments. The coursework was meaningful and special attention was given to the application of the material to the classroom. I never felt like an assignment was a waste of time. That is so important in our busy lives. SCT even worked with me to modify some assignments so that they would be more relevant to my position as a specialist. I recommend SCT without hesitation."
- Lynda R.

Do these courses count toward renewing my license?

Renewing License
SCT offers high quality distance learning courses to educators. It is the responsibility of each individual to research if each SCT course meets the requirements for licensure renewal or their professional development. Some links and information are available on this site, but SCT is not liable for individual decisions.


For the 6 semester renewal option, every five years, one should complete six semester credits (or 9 quarter credits) of undergraduate or graduate level work that is directly or substantively related to one or more of the licenses you hold and/or enhances your professional competence. The credits must be taken at one of the following institutions:

1. Baccalaureate or graduate degree-granting college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency recognized by U.S. Department of Education (http://tepdl.dpi.wi.gov/licensing/regional-accreditation )

2. UW System two-year college

3. Wisconsin technical college credits IF the course work is transferable to a four-year college or university. It is your responsibility to verify the college equivalency of the coursework, and to provide written documentation of this when applying for renewal.

Helpful Resources:
Renewing a DPI Issued License
DPI License Application Forms - General Information